Growing in popularity, teams are sprouting up all over real estate. Maybe you have a team that works in your brokerage or you’ve co-brokered a transaction with a team. But what exactly does it mean to work on a team, or start a team? What are the benefits, what are the disadvantages?
We will take a deeper look inside teams, from all perspectives. Brokers, team leaders, and associates within the team will have a clearer understanding of an overview of teams by the end of class.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Explain what defines a team structure.
• Cite the pros and cons of working with a team for the consumer.
• Know what duties an unlicensed assistant can perform.
• Understand the IRS factors affecting independent contractor vs employee status.
• Understand who pays the team members; the customer/client, the broker or the team leader.
• Consider different pay structure models and which best fits their brokerage.
• Know the different job functions that may exist within a team and the fiduciary duties that go along with that job.
• Explain how to delegate functions to a new team member.
• Understand how the Code of Ethics affects teams.
Members with RE Class Pass $0
Members Regular Price $30
In person - GACAR Conference Center